• Slovak utf-8
  • English
  • German
  • Magyar
Old Town Hall
ImageThe Old Town Hall was built between 1779 and 1780 in Baroque and Classical style. The façade, decorated by a number of pilasters contained also Antique sculptures by Anton Kraus. The role of the building is confirmed by the town emblem placed in the tympanum. The ground floor of the palace is dominated by a stairway. Several artistic wall paintings can be found in the Old Town Hall interior. There is a wine cellar in the basement of the building. At present, the building is being reconstructed. It is intended to be used as a Town Hall again after the reconstruction. An interesting fact is that before the Town Hall was built, the burgher house of an important Košice native Juraj Szathmáry, kingdom chancellor and archbishop, used to stand at its location.
 
< Prev   Next >


Inquiry

Čo je na Above najkrajšie?
 

Weather

Rate of exchange

Reality



ceny podľa: x-reality.sk